If your website is running Joomla! 1.0.x or 1.5.x, it is recommended to migrate it to Joomla! 2.5.x. and 3.x (9 reasons to upgrade from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5). The migration, however, should be performed with carefulness and through expert professionals, otherwise there is a real risk of loosing data or making the site broken.
We do Joomla site migration which includes upgrading your outdated Joomla site, upgrade any extensions needed for compatibility or we redevelop them for you. 100% Style match with old site and make new site mobile friendly.
We have migrated an impressive number of Joomla websites from 1.5 (or even 1.0) to 2.5 or 3.1. These websites range from small websites with only a few pages to very large websites with over 100,000 pages (and a lot of extensions). In most cases our customers don't even know that their websites were migrated until they visit the control panel. That's how seamless and professional our work is!
How do we migrate a Joomla website?
For Joomla! - a popular CMS, below is a typical workflow process for migration:
- Backup the Joomla website: Although we don't work on the actual Joomla website, we back it up. That's how careful we are.
- Migrate the extensions: including the template(s), the components, the modules, and the plugins. We also re-create extensions that no longer exist or that were custom made for that particular website.
- Migrate the data: The data is anything that is entered by the frontend or the backend users into Joomla. It can be the users information, the articles, the menus, the modules settings, etc… We migrate that data, while taking into consideration changes in the database infrastructure, to the new website.
- Test the website: Although we continuously test the Joomla website throughout the process, we do a final test when the whole website is migrated. This test allows us to fix those little bugs that we missed while working on the website.
- Secure the website: We have been working with Joomla for so long that we have devised methods to strengthen its security to repel those malicious attacks.
- Flip the website: We move the old website into a safe place inaccessible to the outside world and we move the newer website into the former's location.
Although we apply the same process for small and large websites, we have a mandatory additional step for the latter: optimization. It is a fact that Joomla 2.5 is slower and heavier than Joomla 1.5, especially for websites with lots of content. In order to overcome this limitation, we heavily optimize large Joomla websites post-migration. This optimization results in a 2.5 version of the website that is substantially faster than its 1.5 predecessor.
What about our prices?
We think that our prices are competitive. We often charge about $300 for a Joomla website migration in 3-5 days. Of course, that fee is for a very basic Joomla website. Migrating large Joomla websites costs more, so feel free to contact us about the price.
Generally, we do not like to take a retainer from customers and we prefer to get paid when the job is done. However, for new customers, we usually ask for 50% in advance. There are always exceptions though and we are very, very flexible! We never sign contracts and we never make our customers sign them either!
What is the information needed to migrate a Joomla website?
In order to migrate a Joomla website, we will need the site's hosting credentials (hosting credentials can be: server information [root access], cPanel/WHM credentials, username and password to access a GoDaddy control panel, etc…). Of course, we assume that these hosting credentials will give us access to both the database and the filesystem where the current (and the future) website resides.
Why hire us for your migration?
- We are super fast: Most of the times our customers are amazed with our speed!
- We are very friendly: Our customers love us! All of our customers come back with more work. Our customers include non-profit organizations (such as schools, universities, churches…), governmental agencies, and small businesses.
- We care about your business: We feel the same stress that you feel when your website has a problem, and we do our best to get your website up and running as soon as possible.
- We are reliable: You can rest assured that we'll do the work that you've asked us to do, the way you asked us to do it.
- We are experienced in PHP: There's no PHP problem that we cannot solve!
- We have been in business for a decade: That's a long time, and it proves that we are serious business, and we're here to stay.
We don't want to do a quick job, get the money, and vanish. We want to do a good job. We want to keep our customers and we want to help our customers grow so that we can grow with them.
How soon can the migration work start?
After getting the inquiries from you, we will take the liberty to review your website, and then send you a comprehensive quote. Simply please fill in and submit the form that you see on the right hand side of this page. We will review the completed form and contact you to discuss the specifications.