TOPIC: Vina Youtube Playlist Player

Vina Youtube Playlist Player 9 years 2 months ago #2023

• Hieu Ja
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Hello Everybody,

We've completed to update Vina Youtube Playlist Player to make it compatible with Youtube API v3.
Some features have been added in the new version and some features also have been removed.
And also can check live demo to see how it work: joomla.vinagecko.com/extensions/?extension=youtube_pplayer
You can download the latest version in your download area: vinagecko.com/downloads
(You need remove old version and install new version on your website because it is major change)
If you see any problem, please don't hesitate let us know.
Thank you very much for your patience!

Best regards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maryann Rada

Vina Youtube Playlist Player 9 years 2 months ago #2025

• Maryann Rada
  • Orders: 1
  • Download: 4
Thank you all! I have uninstalled the old version, installed the new one, and am working to make my playlists again. Skinning works great and overall look is very clean. I've encountered a couple of problems, however. I hope you can help resolve them.

When I choose Module Type > Channel ID, I paste in the channel code but the player doesn't show up on the screen. Part of the background image is there (the padding area), but not the player itself. I've tried using the full channel URL and just the ID code, but neither works. I've cleared cache. The Module Type > Username works great, but I'm only using that for one playlist one one webpage. I have several other pages where I'd like to show specific playlists from my YT channel.

I don't see any way to change the thumbnail size or font colors. The list of features includes these, and my thumbnail panel is a bit wider than I would like, and I'd like to change font color. Is it possible to do this or is it stuck with this width ratio/color scheme for the new version of the module?

Thanks for any guidance you can offer :)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Maryann Rada. Reason: additional info

Vina Youtube Playlist Player 9 years 2 months ago #2030

• Rango
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 115
@Maryann Rada: The new version does not allow you load one specific playlist from Youtube Channel. It only support you load videos from an account (Username) or from a Channel (Channel ID).
And we don't have option to adjust video size, playlist size in module config. Because this module need specific code to make responsive layout. So it's not easy to config from backend. However, we will improve module to make it easy to use/config in next version.
No pain no gain! Accept the pain, future will be fruitful!

Vina Youtube Playlist Player 9 years 1 month ago #2064

• Ricardo MacCord
Hi there,

How do I get channel ID? I tried a lot of different stuff and it didn't work. I only managed to make it work with the username from the page example. Since the company I'm working does not have a username, I tried to get the channel ID, but I don't know how to get it.

Also, won't we have the other options? I just bought the plugin and when I opened it I noticed that a lot of stuff were missing.

Thanks

Vina Youtube Playlist Player 9 years 1 month ago #2065

• Ricardo MacCord
Adding to my previous comment...

I tried to create a custom username for me just to try it, but it doesn't create it as the example: www.youtube.com/user/username, instead it create with www.youtube.com/c/username.

I tried to use this username, but it doesn't work.

Thanks

Vina Youtube Playlist Player 9 years 1 month ago #2069

• Rango
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 115
@Ricardo MacCord: Please check my attachment to see Channel ID and Username.

youtube.png
No pain no gain! Accept the pain, future will be fruitful!
Leather Purses & Handbags, Women’s Crossbody Bags, Tote Bags for Women, Leather Backpacks, Men’s Wallets & Card Cases, Official OLEVS Website, OLEVS Couple Watches, OLEVS Women's Watches, OLEVS Men's Watches, OLEVS Watch, OLEVS Watches